Listen, this banana bread has been in my rotation since 2000 and I can GUARANTEE it will be one of the best you’ve tasted. It is classically good banana bread that consistently beats whatever dry version you may have run into in your dessert-eating.
I’ve tweaked the recipe to be vegan-friendly. This quick bread comes together in a synch. Find the recipe below and whip up a loaf TODAY.
Orlandough’s Competition-Winning Banana Bread
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
3/4 cup neutral oil (I use corn)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup non-dairy milk OR 2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a loaf pan with oil (I use coconut oil spray) pan size: 9″ x 4-1/2″ x 2-3/4″
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. Mash three large bananas. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and milk (or eggs).
4. Add dry ingredients to the banana mix. Whisk until no streak of flour remain.
5. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Poke with a skewer in the center to test for done-ness (if it comes out clean the loaf is done).
6. Store at room temp for up to 4 days. Freeze for three months.
Find more recipes at www.orlandough.com
Want to get personally coached in donut-making by me? Check out my Donut Letter Masterclass LIVE NOW–but hurry because there are only 5 slots left for 2021! www.orlandough.com/donut-letter-masterclass
Follow me on instagram at