Another easy and delicious recipe with mashed potatoes. And for this time: Duchess potatoes (mashed potato swirls). Great appetizer or side dish for any meal.
More Easy Recipes:
Sweet Potato Stack:
Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes:
Crispy Smashed Potatoes:
Broccoli Mac and Cheese:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
2½ pounds (1.2kg) Potatoes
4 tablespoons (60g) Butter, room temperature
3 Egg yolks
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
2-3 tablespoons Chives, chopped
1. Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Place in a large pot, cover fully with cold water, add 1-2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil. simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
3. Drain and let the potatoes to dry few minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mash, add butter and stir until incorporated. Add egg yolks and stir until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chives.
4. Transfer the mashed potato into a piping bag fitted with a wide star tip. Pipe mashed potato mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for minutes 15-20, until golden brown.
• When you adding to egg yolks make sure that the potato mixture is not too hot, otherwise the egg yolks will cook.
Related Articles: https://ecook.org/main-dish-recipes/