Thai Fried Rice at home
2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of honey or brown sugar
Little bit of black pepper powder (around 1/2 teaspoon)
How to make:
1. Add some butter to the pan
2. Add shrimp. Cook each sides for 2-3 minutes.
3. Crush 2-3 garlic pods & Red Thai chilies (2 or as per your spiciness) together. The flavor of garlic and Red Thai chili infuses together.
4. Add garlic-chili mix to the shrimp
5. Sauté for 2 minutes
6. Add 2 shallots finely chopped & sauté for another 2 minutes
7. Add enough salt & mix well
8. Add cooked jasmine rice or basmati rice (Jasmine rice is more authentic. I like Jasmine rice better for Thai fried rice.)
9. Add sauce mix to the rice.
10. Combine well & add handful of fresh Thai Basil or mix of Thai basil & Italian basil
11. Combine together & turn off heat
12. Adjust salt to your taste
13. Add scrambled eggs if you like