Full written recipe for Desi Shakshouka
Prep time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 mins
• Ghee 1 tbsp
• Jeera 1 tsp
• Onions 3/4th cup (chopped)
• Green chillies 2-3 nos. (chopped)
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Tomatoes 1 cup (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Powdered spices:
1. Haldi powder ½ tsp
2. Lal mirch powder 1 tbsp
3. Dhaniya powder 1 tbsp
• Water 50 ml
• Fresh cream/malai 2 tbsp
• Eggs 5 nos.
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Fresh coriander 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Set a pan on medium heat, add oil, jeera, onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste, sauté until onions turn translucent.
• Add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste and powdered spices, mix and cook well until the tomatoes are mushy.
• Add water to avoid the masalas from burning and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Low down the heat, now add fresh cream, mix well and cook for a minute.
• Now make some cavity or space with spatula or egg in the masala and directly break eggs in the pan, sprinkle some salt & pepper over it, cover and cook on low flame until the egg whites are cooked, keeping the egg yolk slightly runny, you can choose to keep the yolks cooked as per your preference.
• Finish with some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
• Your steamed eggs are ready, serve hot with some bread slices or any bread of your choice.
The Music I use in All my videos –
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)